Book Sample

We need donations so we can order Mongolia books!


Printing a coffee table picture book is more expensive than you might think! We have to purchase 1000 books in order to make the cost sustainable. Will you help us raise $10,000 so that we can order our Mongolia books? Once we have our first run, then we will set aside a portion of each sale for the next set. By making a donation to this Mongolia book order, you will be serving the entire nation of Mongolia.

Make a Donation

Ministry Partners:


Damon Adelgren
Joshua MacLeod

Mongolia is a landlocked country in east-central Asia. It is bordered by Russia to the north and China to the south, east and west.


Approximately 3 million


Ulaanbaatar, the largest city, is home to about 45% of the population.


Ethnic Mongols account for about 95% of the population and consist of Khalkha and other groups, all distinguished primarily by dialects of the Mongol language. The Khalkha make up 86% of the ethnic Mongol population. The remaining 14% include Oirats, Buryats and others. Turkic peoples (Kazakhs and Tuvans) constitute 4.5% of Mongolia's population, and the rest are Russian, Chinese, Korean and American nationalities. About 59% of the total population is under age 30, 27% of whom are under 14.

Primary Language:

The official language of Mongolia is Mongolian, and is spoken by 95% of the population. Russian is the most frequently spoken foreign language in Mongolia, followed by English, although English has been gradually replacing Russian as the second language.


According to the 2010 National Census, among Mongolians aged 15 and above, 53% were Buddhists, while 39% were non-religious. Various forms of Tengriism and shamanism have been widely practiced throughout the history of what is now Mongolia, with such beliefs being common among the nomads of central Asia. They gradually gave way to Tibetan Buddhism, but shamanism has left a mark on Mongolian religious culture, and it continues to be practiced. The end of religious repression in the 1990s also allowed for other religions to spread in the country. According to the Christian missionary group Barnabas Fund, the number of Christians grew from just four in 1989 to around 40,000 as of 2008.


Economic activity in Mongolia has traditionally been based on herding and agriculture, although development of extensive mineral deposits of copper, coal, molybdenum, tin, tungsten, and gold have emerged as a driver of industrial production. Mongolia is ranked as lower middle income economy by the World Bank. 22.4% of the population lives on less than US$1.25 a day. GDP per capita in 2011 was $3,100. Despite growth, the proportion of the population below the poverty line was estimated to be 35.6% in 1998, 36.1% in 2002–2003, 32.2% in 2006.


Mongolia is a parliamentary republic. The president is directly elected. The people also elect the deputies in the national assembly, the State Great Khural, which chooses the prime minister, who nominates the Cabinet in consultation with the president. The Khural confirms the ministers. Mongolia's constitution guarantees a number of freedoms, including full freedom of expression and religion. Mongolia has a number of political parties, the biggest are the Mongolian People's Party and the Democratic Party.

Most Importantly:

The people of Mongolia are BEAUTIFUL! Our attempt with this website is to show the beauty of the people of Mongolia and encourage you to purchase a print or book to serve it’s people.

Learn more:

Find out more interesting facts about Mongolia by visiting